Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah and Kylie!

First of all I have to say WOW! I am blogging again. I am feeling much better now so hopefully you will see more blogs:-) This weekend we celebrated my sister Sarah and niece Kylie's birthdays. Sarah's is three days before Kylie's so all of us headed over to their new house for the weekend. The girls and I headed over Saturday morning. The first stop was at a Sweet and Sassy Boutique just for little girls. Kylie, Emily, and Ansley had appointments there to get updos, manicures, and make up. The salon was adorable and the girls absolutely loved it!! The people there make them feel so special and just like princesses!
Emily (before picture)
Ansley (before picture)
Ansley getting pampered!



The final pose!


Now it was Emily's turn...






All done!


They gave them lollipops to go and they were "walking on air"!


After that we stopped at a little gelato shop for an afternoon snack. Here the girls are splitting some berry gelato and bottled lemonade. It didn't take long for that to vanish!


Next we headed to Chuckie Cheese for games, pizza, and prizes! (per Kylie's request) I couldn't leave out the other birthday girl-having so much fun!
Giddy up Sarah!!!
Kylie, Emily, and Ansley with Chuckie Cheese


The last stop of the day was heading back to Sarah and Trey's house for presents, cake, and ice cream. This year Kylie requested that Aunt Heidi make her birthday cake. She wanted a strawberry cake with white icing and princesses on it. Well, I am no cake decorater but for some reason she wanted me to make it! (I think my brother in law might have been behind this...LOL!) Both birthday girls blew out their candles and we had a great evening together! The girls and I ended up spending the night as did Audrey and Nick. All the grandparents headed home that evening. This morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and all went our separate ways. I think because I am so hormonal I cried when all three of us sisters literally took three different exits on the interstate to head home or go to church. I miss them terribly and wish we all lived in the same town but I am blessed to be located right in the middle of them:-) Thank you Sarah, Trey, and Kylie for such an awesome weekend. It went by too fast! We hope you had a wonderful birthday! We love you!

1 comment:

kristi said...

I must be hormonal, too, (but not from pregnancy) because that made ME cry! I am so fortunate to have my sister living nearby. I don't know what I'd do without her. The girls' hair is gorgeous. I would be very impressed if Emma let someone put her hair up. She has a hysterical fit if I start brushing from the front to the back. Glad you had a nice family weekend.