Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Mystery of the Poop!

First of all, I wanted to let anyone reading this know that I spared you a picture of this gross mess and thankfully you can't smell it! Yesterday morning we had an air conditioner repair man come to our house to look at our unit. It has not been working properly for the last few days and that is not a good thing for a pregnant momma in the summer! He came to our front door and rang the doorbell to let me know he was there. I asked him if the garage was open already (Andrew had already left for the day and so I figured he had left it open) and he said yes so I told him just to go ahead and look at our problem. He came in a few times to check out the filters but I never had to go out in the garage...until he was leaving. The girls and I were leaving to run a few errands so I followed him out (which they have to order a part and when it gets here our air will be back to normal). As I step out into the garage this horrific smell reaches my nostrils! Then I look over and I see this enormous poop pile on Andrew's flipflop right under where the man had to work! I was soooo embarassed and apologized over and over that I had no idea! I was ready to throw up so I know he had to be sick over it since he was at our house for over an hour. When I got in the car I called Andrew right away asking him to come home and clean it for me. I didn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole especially being pregnant! I knew our dog didn't do it because she goes out on a leash. I knew our cat had not done it because he doesn't poop that big and has never done it in the garage! So who was this mystery pooper....a raccoon! We caught them in our garage stealing Samuel's (our cat) food! I just wonder if the repairman will be brave enough to come back when the part comes in or will he try to send another guy???? LOL!

3 comments:

Cristy said...

That is too funny! I'm laughing just picturing that man probably dying in the hot garage with that smell lingering over him! Glad you found the culprit!!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh...seriously, even without being pregnant...I can't handle that sort of thing. I can't blame you for calling Andrew! I would have too! I'm surprised you didn't find the guy with a clothespin on his nose!! ha ha ha What a trooper! Odd about where it came from though...

joeyandaleethea said...

That is both hysterical and disturbing at the same time! hehe.

My baby is 8 weeks old now...but while preggers...I no doubt would've tossed my sweet cookies all over raccoon poop. So kudos to you!

And congratulations!! :D