Saturday, June 28, 2008

Out With the Old, In With the New

This past week after I get home from my walks, I have noticed blisters forming on the back of my heels. I knew that I needed new tennis shoes but just hadn't taken the time to go buy some. Well, by day 4 I could hardly slip my shoes on but I insisted on getting my walk in for the day. So I just started putting a band-aid over each blister. Then I noticed that when I got home I would take my shoes off and there would be blood that had seeped through the band-aid, onto my socks, and then into my shoes. It was totally gross! I finally had to say good bye to my old shoes and toss them into the garbage! (I decided not to take pictures of the back of my heels because it might really gross someone out...LOL!) My blisters with my tennis shoes reminded me of a verse from Ephesians 4:22-24 "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." How often do I tend to hold on to something that I know is not Christ like? For example: a bad attitude, selfishness, etc. It can be hard to "throw those things away" and let Christ renew me! Those things can reallly cause pain and hardship. I encourage all of us to take the time to dive into God's Word and put away our old self and become new in Christ. Only He has the power to change and heal us!
I did end up getting a new pair of tennis shoes and I know my heels will be truly grateful!

No comments: