Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our MOPS End of the Year 80s Party

I woke up this morning wondering what in the world I was going to wear to our end of the year MOPS party. The leadership team and I decided we would have it be an 80s theme which by the way was sooo much fun! Being pregnant brings on another challenge of trying to put together an outfit for this special occasion. I decided on black leggings with a jean skirt and then a black shirt to go with it. Then for the hair: it just had to be the side pony tail! I tried making "the wave" with my bangs but it kept falling (I guess I needed some Aqua Net...LOL!) Oh and I couldn't forget the blue eyeshadow. When I walked into the kitchen the girls said "Wow mommy, why is your hair like that?" Andrew can't stand the 80s so he was quite embarassed of me...hehe!
We had gift certificates for the best 80's outfit and the best 80s hair. I was very impressed by the creativity of these moms! We also had a great time playing some 80s olympics: jump rope and hula hoop contests, etc. What a way to end the year! And of course we had the classic 80s music playing in the background!!!

Deida, me, Cari

The whole gang (minus a few that couldn't make it!)


During one of the games (check out the white high tops! Anyone remember those???)

Karen sporting some blue eyeshadow after one of our games!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are in so much trouble!! You're lucky I like you! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

i think we should do that again. it was so much fun