Monday, January 21, 2008

Book of the Week

Every Monday I am going to post a book that I have found to be really good-either for myself or the girls. This week I have picked The Swimsuit Lesson by Jon Holsten. This is a book that every family should have a copy of in their home. It introduces a simple, yet effective way for parents to educate their childdren about the danger of sexual abuse. There is also a parent's guide in the back that informs parents of how to read this book with your child(ren) and also what to do if your child would tell you they have been victimized. The author is a veteran police officer who has successfully helped prosecute dozens of child sexual assault cases. I have read this book to Emily and Ansley a few times (it is very short with cute pics) and now they know that if anyone ever touches them in the places where their swimsuits cover they need to tell me right away. Parents need to protect their children from sexual predators!



No comments: