Sunday, January 20, 2008

God Has a Way of Speaking Straight to our Hearts

Every year I find a verse in the Bible to be my theme verse for the year. It usually involves something I am facing or going through at the time. Well, at the end of 2007 I was looking through my Bible and found Psalm 130:5-"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope." It is soooo fitting for what I am facing in my life. I have memorized this scripture and focused on the word hope-don't lose hope.
Well, when I was shopping at Bed, Bath, and Beyond I was walking by the clearance table (you know me, always trying to find a good bargain!) and I noticed this plaque laying there with the word HOPE on it. I couldn't believe it! I just had to buy it plus it matches my bathroom(purple-my favorite color) and what woman doesn't visit their bathroom on a daily basis! LOL Now everytime I see it I am reminded that God has an awesome plan for my family and me. When I get down or feel like I am falling, God is always there helping me get up. He is saying don't lose hope Heidi! There are many things in life that happen that I will never understand why but God wants me to not lose hope. I just thought this was such an awesome way that God spoke to me today:-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Don't you just love it when things happen like that! Thank goodness we have the "hope" that the Lord provides . . great word Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, Your blog is very nice! You can believe the sign of "hope". Just look at the rest of your blog. You have been blessed so much with your girls and Andrew and God isn't done with you yet. Hang in there because he has the right time for everything to happen including a baby. It will come, just be patient. Patience has never been one of the easiest things for me to accomplish, but I know that you can do it. Having the girls helps a lot. After all, they do tend to keep one's mind off of things and on to their excitement for life! I will talk to you later. Think of me at camp this weekend. Love, Mom