Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Learning from the Pros!

Every Tuesday is otherwise known as our "lessons day". Today we started off running some errands and then we met my mom, sister, and niece for lunch. Then it was time for class! Emily and Ansley take gymnastics and ballet. This is Emily's third year in gymnastics and she has already moved up to the next level. I am so proud of her! She is taking her first year in ballet. Ansley is in her second year of gymnastics (first year being the mommy and me class) and is in her first year of ballet. She is making so much progress too:-) My sister Sarah is their gymnastics teacher and they think that is sooo cool!
Emily getting ready to start class!
Ansley trying to dance for the camera:-)
**As you see in the pics the girls are wearing their leotards and dance pants. Last year they liked wearing their pretty tutus but this year they want to be like the "older" girls and wear jazz pants. They are too funny!
Then it was my turn for lessons! I have been taking guitar for a little over a year now. My dad is my teacher and he is always challenging me:-) I have really enjoyed having something of my own to do and learn. I think it is so important for everyone (but especially moms who can get so busy with their children) to have a hobby they enjoy doing. Finding the time is always a challenge but the payoff is great! God has given each of us special talents and gifts and we should take the time to develop them:-)


1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like the girls are doing great with their lessons! I remember when my girls took gymnastics and ballet too.
Also, I agree with you about "moms" finding a hobby . . .I have taken up the piano too plus started singing lessons. I also want to take a photography class sometime this year.