Thursday, January 24, 2008

MOPS

Today was our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting. I have enjoyed being a part of MOPS these last four years. It is so nice to have a network of women who all have children in the same stage of life. I find it very comforting to know that I am not all alone! Being a mom has been the hugest blessing to me but it has also become the biggest responsibility. I know that when I show up on Thursday mornings that I won't be the only one without a full night's sleep or struggling with whiny bad attitudes. I don't know what I would do without these moms! It's been amazing how much it has grown over the 4 years-now we average 40-50 moms per meeting. We have a leadership team of 8 moms who help me keep it afloat. I couldn't do it without them! Today we focused on the topic "What Matters Most". It challenged us to really look at our needs vs. wants. Also, to make sure we make time for our families even if that means not answering the phone or shutting the computer/tv off. Then on the flip side of that, to make sure we make time for ourselves. Mommy has two words in it: Mom and me. Now if I could only get a grasp on how to balance the mom and me time????


Here we are making our creative activity:-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's wonderful you have so many mom's around you and so many in leadership too! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I missed this meeting and I missed you! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job! You truly are an inspiration to other moms, including myself :) I love what you have done with your blog. It makes me want to start some type of journal, so I can reflect on my life and family! See you soon!