Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Praising God

One of my favorite praise and worship leaders is Matt Redman. My favorite praise song right now that he sings is "You Never Let Go". The words are so incredible and speak straight to me. I downloaded it on my ipod so I can pull it out and listen to it any time:-) I then asked my dad if he would teach me the song on the guitar and I have finally got it! Now I can play along with my ipod. The girls (my audience...lol) are even walking around the house singing the song. It's so neat to hear them worship our Lord and King. It's amazing how our whole outlook can change when we begin to sing to Jesus. He makes ALL things better (even our bad days with stinky attitudes!).I have copied the words below-download and hear it for yourself sometime:-)

You Never Let Go by Matt Redman
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn backI know You are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:Oh no, You never let goThrough the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let goLord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds onAnd there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comesStill I will praise You, still I will praise YouChorus: (2x’s)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know you played guitar . . cool . . I have been practicing piano again after all these years. I love just spending hours on the piano worshipping God . .it's awesome! How neat you have the girls there to sing with you!