Monday, January 28, 2008

Lessons Learned from the Oyster

To put it bluntly, the oyster is an ugly shlellfish that lives in the ocean. I think it is very boring because it doesn't move around or even make a sound. But oysters create something very valuable-a pearl! When a tiny grain of sand gets inside the oyster's shell, this grain of sand makes the oyster very uncomfortable. In response to this irritation, the oyster begins coating the grain of sand with something called nacre. Layer after layer of this stuff coats the sand until at last a beautiful pearl is formed. Because of its pain the oyster creates something precious.
Sometimes people or things in our life will irritate or hurt us. It's like the grain of sand for the oyster. But God says that if we will trust Him, He can bring good things out of the bad things that happen to us. We need to ask Him to help us grow and learn from them instead of complain about them (which I find myself guilty of!). Then we can see God make something beautiful in our lives too!
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." Romans 8:28

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great word sis!

iloveboys said...

Heidi- I just typed you a big ole message and for some reason it got erased so I am going to try again. Anyway, it went something like this. I really enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your wonderful family. I know I have told you this before but your girls are wonderful and so beautiful. I love my boys but if I ever get blessed with a daughter I pray she will be as sweet as yours. I also wanted to let you know that I am having a Princess House party on the 4th at 6:00 I would love to see you. You can bring the girls if you would like. They can play with my wild boys. Have a great day and I will look forward to reading about you tomorrow. Love ya! Andrea