Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning we headed out to a MOPS leadership meeting. We are planning our annual Pamper Day for the moms and met at a local coffee shop to think up creative ideas for this fun day. I had a girl take a picture of the team this morning but when I got home, I found that the picture was almost black-we looked like shadows! Oh well, next time I'll get a picture of all of us:-) They are an awesome team and I couldn't do MOPS without them! Then I picked the girls up from childcare and we headed home for lunch. We decided to make Valentine cookies to go along with our dinner tonight. The girls love decorating with sprinkles so if you ever try one of our sugar cookies be prepared for lots of confetti!!!
Emily decorating her cookies
Ansley waits for the leftover sprinkles that land on the wax paper and then she tries to eat all of them-leaving none behind...LOL!
This year we had a special family Valentine's dinner since Andrew and I went out this past weekend. I made spaghetti, salad, crescents, chocolate dipped strawberries, and of course the girl's famous cookies!


After dinner, we gave the girls their Valentine gifts from us. Back in January we were at the Disney store and they found these huge Disney princess dolls that they wanted so we bought them and saved the surprise for today. They were very excited although Ansley said she didn't like how Cinderella had a bun in her hair-she thinks she should have a ponytail like her:-)

I just checked on them and they both have these big princesses sleeping next to them-it looks like they have another body in bed with them!
I pray everyone has a happy Valentine's Day. Jesus' love is unconditional and may we always rely on Him for everything. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Thank you Jesus! I love you!




No comments: