Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sisters!

Tonight I was making dinner for the three of us girls (while Andrew is at church) and I looked down to see the girls getting into the pantry/cupboards. Then I started listening to what they were saying: they had taken my cake funnel and was using it as a telephone. They were whispering through it "I love you." It warms a mamma's heart to see siblings getting along! I wish I could say that my girls never get into sister squabbles but that would be stretching it! Sometimes I feel like a referee instead of a mom! But then I will find them taking care of each other and loving on each other and then you realize you must be doing something right. It made me think back of when my sister Sarah and I were growing up-lord knows we had some fights but now I wouldn't trade her for anything (hopefully she would say the same of me...LOL!). My other sister Audrey is 10 years younger than me so we shared a totally different kind of relationship. Having a sisters is awesome and I am so glad Emily and Ansley get to share that special bond with one another:-)

No comments: